Sunday, June 17, 2012

Yoohoo, Where Are You?

Dear Emmalaine,
Tomorrow marks your 40th week growing inside of my tummy!  Congratulations big girl.  You have done quite a swell job growing into a healthy little gal and I know this because the size of my tummy proves you are going to be a perfect little bundle of joy.
I am writing you tonight because we are just one hour away from June 18th, your due date.  I am worried that maybe you didn't hear or were not aware that you are supposed to come tomorrow and thought me writing you a letter would make it clear to you that your arrival should be tomorrow.  Tomorrow that is.  Yes, everyone is expecting you tomorrow!
I wish I could describe to you how much your Daddy and I are anticipating you coming into our world.    We talk about you ALL the TIME and can hardly wait for you to make your debut.  We know your life is going to rock our world and we are READY!  We often wonder what you will look like.  Hair or no hair?  Dark eyes like Mommy or blue eyes like Daddy?  Chubby cheeks or skinny cheeks?  Mommy's nose or Daddy's nose - let's hope for Daddys!  Regardless of all these questions we ask each other often, we know one thing is for sure and that is you will be gorgeous.  You have been knitted together in my tummy by an incredible God who makes no mistakes and created you just how He wanted you to be.  For that, Daddy and I are thankful and give all the glory to Him who is able to do miraculous things and you are proof of that.
Daddy and I are all packed for the hospital and your room is all ready for you to return home.  Your clothes are washed, your diaper bag is packed, and crib is cozy.  All we need is you, Emmalaine!
Today was Father's Day and it was awfully fun celebrating your Daddy.  Although you are not here yet, it was important to honor him because his is, after all, your Daddy.  He has been taking care of Mommy throughout this whole journey of pregnancy so I got him a few things.  They were from me and you.  You're not even here and you've already given gifts - wow!  I bought Daddy is very own "Dad Pack" book bag that he can use when you and him go on special outings together.  It is loaded with diapers and wipes, change of clothes, changing pad, toys, and binkies.  He was very excited because now he won't have to carry my baby bag.  He wasn't too thrilled about that!  It is orange and grey and very manly.  You two are all set for your time together.
Well, I sure do love you little one and I can't wait to hold you in my arms.  I'll count your fingers and your toes, give you kisses, and fill your belly.  I'll do all that I can to be the best Mom I can be.  I promise to love you like my Mom and Dad love me, unconditionally.
So come on girl, let's go....let's meet!
Love you more than you will ever know...
I loved you first -
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment