Emmalaine made her debut on June 19, 2012 at 9:12pm. She weighed in at 7lbs 6oz and was 20 inches long. She came with a head FULL of dark hair and baby blue eyes (we wonder if they'll stay!)
I was put in the hospital on Monday night, June 18th to begin preparing my body for labor. Emmalaine's due date was June 18th so she was safe to come since she was a full-term baby. I had battled low platelets during my pregnancy so it was important to me to have Emmalaine soon after her due date because I knew that I wanted an epidural and low platelets can keep a Mom from having one. On Tuesday, June 19th at 7:30 in the morning I started receiving pitocin. Labor began and contractions soon followed. I felt best in a gliding rocker in my room so I stayed there as long as I could before receiving my epidural. Luckily, I asked for my epidural when I did because contractions soon became very difficult. After receiving the epidural, I was a much happier Mommy! We waited and waited and my body began doing what it was supposed to do - before we knew it, I was at 9.5 cm and we knew baby girl would be arriving soon!
I started pushing and did so for about 20 minutes. Emmalaine's heartrate was dropping significantly with each contraction and the rate was not recovering fast enough before the next contraction so we took a break to see if she would improve. We waited about an hour and then I began pushing for another 40 minutes. Emmalaine was dropping, just not quite enough to come out. We tried the vacuum twice and she still didn't want to come so it was in her best interest, and mine, to take her by C-Section.
At 9:12, we heard out sweet girl let out a BIG scream and Trent and I were forever grateful for her life and health. The C-Section was difficult and recovery has been tough, but she is so worth it all.
Trent was a remarkable "coach" and husband and walked with me through the entire process. I truly think that he felt pain when I did and comforted me so well. I could have never gone through that process without him and I could never thank him for his strength and encouragement. Emmalaine has an amazing Daddy for sure.
Emmalaine is almost a month old and she is growing so fast. It seems like she is beginning to lose her "newborn" look and look more like an infant and I can't believe it. They grow so fast. We are working on a schedule and she currently wakes up at 2am and again at 6am. Not bad for such a young little gal.
Trent and I love her smirks and smiles and her nickname is currently "squeaks." She grunts and squeaks all the time and we love those noises.
We continue to be thankful for our families that have offered so much support by bringing food, sending texts, emails, and calling and the duties that the grandma's took the first week we were home and continue to do on random days. We could never repay them for that!
This blog will be fun to watch the little princess grow. Now that life is returning...well, sorta of to normal, I hope to keep pictures coming. Check back often to see our sidekick grow.
Much love to all,
Sarah, Trent, and Emmalaine
See Pictures Below...
Headed to the hospital. 40 Weeks to the day!
Last photo as two....
Having contractions, but quite mild.
Waiting....
and waiting....
The Columbia!!
Trent proposed in that shirt and had it on when his baby girl arrived - it's a Rhymer thing!
I liked the rocker the best as I pushed through contractions.
Grammie's ready!
Uncle Aaron
Poppi
Grandma
Grandma, Daddy and Mommy
Auntie Jenica (and cousin Grayson)
When Jenica was with me, I was having pretty serious contractions. It was shortly after she left that I received my epidural. That may have been the last smile for a little while! :-)
Mommy and Daddy
9.5cm Celebration - thankful for epidurals
Headed to C-section after 13 hours of labor - yes, you can tell, I know!
Daddy all decked out for surgery - so thankful I had him by my side
First picture....welcome Emmalaine Hope Rhymer!
Isn't she a cutie?
I'll never forget meeting my baby girl
First family photo!
7lbs. 6oz.
Holding tight to Daddy's hand
Watching her get all checked out
She loves Daddy's hand
First bath
All bundled up!
Such a beauty!
First Feeding
One proud Mama
First time meeting Grammie...the grandparents never left the hospital. I was taken back to c-section around 9pm and spent a couple hours in recovery, yet the grandparents were still there to greet Emmalaine when she made it to her room. She is so loved and so are we.
Grandma and Grandpa
Poppi - he sure looks happy!
Grammie and Poppi
Grandma and Grandpa
A happy Grandma
PUBLIX SUB - I waited 10 months for that meal!
Our sweet family. We are so happy!
Mrs. Lucy came for a visit. Emmalaine was all dressed up to see her. Thanks Mrs. Lucy for coming out of your way to see us.
Auntie Jenica
Grandma's back for another visit - we loved all the visitors and support we had while at the hospital.
A happy Grandpa
Thanks Susan and family for coming to the hospital for a visit. That was a surprise and we loved it!
Our sweet baby girl had Jaundice with very elevated levels. She spent sometime on the Billi Blanket and then in the Billi Bed. This was so hard to see and we could not hold her while she was on the bed. We celebrated when all the "Billis" were gone!
Our Glow Bug
Such a champ!
Check back often for more pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment