I decided I better post so it would be forever engrained on the internet - I think I am just a tad bit itchy to return to work. Ahhh! Ok, I said it. I now give permission to anyone who hears me complain in the coming weeks to remind me of this moment.
I went to The School Box today and bought all my new things for my classroom. For the most part, things stay the same. The stuff is just too expensive to buy new each year. However, I usually buy borders each year and inspiring posters, etc. I guess being back in the store and making the purchase got me in the mood.
I also really miss my kids. Although they can be the snottiest little things, they really do make my job what it is. I can count on my job to be different everyday because of the kids being different each day - especially middle schoolers...up, down, up, down, all around. You never know what you'll get each morning.
Lastly, I am a routine person. I like having a groove to my day. This summer has not known what routine is. Late wake-ups (10 AM max, people), early wake-ups (6 AM for Key West), healthy food, UNhealthy food, work outs, not-so-much work outs. Bottom line, there has been no consistency to my days and I like consistency. So, I am looking forward to a routine coming my way on August 8th.
Whew, I feel better. I am glad I've said it.
Til next time,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment